Hi there, I’m Sam
They Key Ideas Behind Op Shop Directory NZ is:
- To list all the Op Shops in the country with all relevant information
- Allow people to rate and review the listing
Shops Currently Listed
What makes this site different?
- It’s put together by me, a real human. Listings are updated when new information is received, either from the shops themselves, Op Shoppers or if I see something myself. Without the great support of people this site wouldn’t exist.
- I decided early on to not allow people to “claim” and update the listings themselves. This stops random information being published and helps keep a consistent look across the website. Use the contact form for any new listings or updates required
- I decided I was sick of seeing ads on the site, so have removed them.
- It’s always free to have the basic listing on the site.
What’s listed on the site?
People can sometimes have strong feelings about what is an Op Shop.
People shop at Op Shops and similar stores for a variety of reasons, like:
- It’s cheap
- They want to support a cause
- It’s more sustainable
These are the types of shops I list
- Shops that are charities that give funds to different causes mostly referred to as Op Shops
- Consignment stores
While consignment stores are different to Op Shops, I list them as they perform a similar function of helping people find clothes, and keeping those clothes out of the waste system.
Shops I won’t list are:
- Antique shops
- Online Op Shops
- Non recycled retail stores
Shops that are a bit if a grey area sometimes class themselves as vintage and retro store, but are in fact normal retail stores selling reproductions.
I’m always looking at what is listed on the website, and there has been a lot submitted over the years that I feel don’t fit the website.
I’m more than happy to discuss any listed sites on the website, and look forward to feedback on how you see Op Shopping in NZ.
Thanks to everyone that has visited the site, rated or reviewed a shop, or sent in information.